Why LDI? Why now? A plan sponsor perspective
Date and Time: Nov 16, 2020, 1:30 – 2:30 PM EST
Once again, in 2020, pension plan funding has deteriorated due to unanticipated market volatility. It happened in 2008 with the global financial crisis. It happened in 2000 when the dot.com bubble burst. And it’s happened numerous times in between. And while many plan sponsors have been waiting a long time for interest rates to rise before immunizing their liabilities, it now seems they’ll be waiting even longer. This webinar will look at how liability-driven investing can be a solution for plan sponsors playing the waiting game. It will explore how LDI has evolved beyond just long-bonds to include non-traditional asset classes like real estate and derivatives, and how LDI strategies can be tailored to an individual plan’s liability profile. Don’t miss the opportunity to hear from two plan sponsors about the range of challenges that many Canadian corporations are confronting when it comes to pension funded status volatility and how they’ve found solutions.
- Donna Mathieu, chief investment officer, NAV Canada
- Thak Bhola, manager, pension fund administration, Goodyear Canada
- Serge Lapierre, global head of liability-driven investments, Manulife Investment Management
Plan Sponsor Week
Monday, August 10 – Thursday, August 13 (11:30 AM – 1:00 PM EST)
Plan Sponsor Week was a four-day virtual event hosted by Benefits Canada and the Canadian Investment Review. Designed for Canadian benefits and pension decision-makers, the event provided valuable insights from industry thought leaders on developments in the design and delivery of group benefits and retirement programs for a changing workforce.
Risk management through the coronavirus crisis and beyond
Friday, May 15, 2020 (11:00 AM — 12:15 PM EST)
1) Max Giolitti, chief risk officer, Verus Investments
2) Matthew Leatherman, director, FCLT Global
3) Hugh O’Reilly, executive-in-residence, Global Risk Institute
Measuring risk and fair value in unlisted infrastructure investments
Date and Time: February 4, 2020, 1:00 – 1:30 PM EST
Frederic Blanc-Brude, chief executive officer, Scientific Infra and director, EDHEC Infrastructure Institute and EDHEC Asia Pacific
Farmland investing for pension funds
Date and Time: September 30, 2019, 10:30 – 11:30 AM EST
1) Julie Koeninger, director of business development at Hancock Natural Resource Group Inc.
2) Jeff McAllister, vice-president of corporate development at Bonnefield Financial Inc.
3) Bernice Miedzinski, president of StarBridge Capital Ltd.
In The Trenches With Asset Owner CIOs
Date and Time: May 30, 2019, 2:00 – 3:00 PM EST
1) Neil Blundell, Global Head of Client Solutions Development
2) Nicholas Savoulides, Head of Global Solutions Research and Portfolio Analytics
3) Paisley Nardini, Portfolio Advisory Specialist
Accessing alternatives through the secondary market
Date and Time: May 2, 2019, 10:30 – 11:00 AM EST
1) Jason Campbell, principal, Eckler
2) Paul Lanna, partner, Coller Capital
Exploring private credit: opportunities and considerations
Date and Time: March 5, 2019, 10:30 – 11:00 AM EST
Janet Rabovsky, partner, Ellement Consulting Group
Brexit and Beyond: Finding opportunities while mitigating risks in Europe in 2019
Date and Time: January 16, 2019, 10:00 – 11:00 AM EST
1) Iain Begg, professor at the European Institute and co-director of the Dahrendorf Forum on the Future of Europe, London School of Economics and Political Science.
2) Johanna Kyrklund, Global Head of Multi-Asset Investments, Schroders