The Defined Benefit Investment Forum -- TORONTO
December 10, 2018
Hosted by Canadian Investment Review, the Defined Benefit Investment Forum is one of the newest events to be added to the CIR roster of most established and reputable events in the defined benefit pension and investment realm in Canada.
The 2018 Defined Benefit Investment Forum is an exclusive forum, bringing together DB plan decision-makers, consultants and leading industry experts to share their views, practices and theories to address the challenges and issues they are faced with in the current economy. This event includes several expert presentations and a panel discussion about key stakeholders and personal experiences running pension plans.
The theme of this year's conference is:
Protecting the Pension Promise – The Challenge of Long-term Investing
In a world where short-termism rules decision-making, investing for the long-term can be challenging for DB plan sponsors. To help, today’s plan sponsors are increasing their allocation to investments that can help them earn returns over longer time periods. They are looking closely at investments like infrastructure and real estate, as well as tools and strategies that can mitigate risk in the short-term. This year’s DB Investment Forum will look at the top challenges involves in managing DB plans with a long time horizon and the investments tools and solutions that can help.
Who Should Attend this Event?
Participation is for qualified DB decision-makers and investment consultants.
Canadian Investment Review is Canada's leading forum for academics, institutional investors and industry practitioners to exchange ideas on the capital markets, investment and economic theory and the related sociology and demographics. To that end, it publishes articles that offer original ideas based on existing literature and brings new insight to relevant themes and practices within the institutional investment community.
DB Investment Forum
December 10, 2018
Ritz Carlton Hotel, Toronto
Agenda to be posted soon.
The Ritz Carlton Hotel, Toronto
December 8, 2018
In the heart of downtown, amid sports arenas, performing arts centers and the vibrant Wellington Street scene, the sleek glass façade of The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto is a beacon of both beauty and luxury. Inside, décor invokes nature through modern materials, and is complemented by a collection of art from across Canada. The appeal goes beyond the surface with 5-star amenities including:
- Distinct dining experiences including TOCA, featuring authentic Italian cuisine and Canada's only cheese cave, and the DEQ Terrace & Lounge
- Meeting and event space including the largest luxury ballroom in Toronto with space for up to 600 guests and an Executive Ballroom
- Spa My Blend by Clarins offering massages from around the world, specialized facials and more in a fifth-floor, light-filled retreat overlooking the city
- A specially commissioned art collection featuring more than 400 pieces by Canadian artists
- 24-hour fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, a saltwater pool, Jacuzzi and expert trainers
- 263 guest rooms and suites, among the largest in the city, with views over Lake Ontario or the downtown skyline
For more information on event logistics, contact Joanne Boccia, senior event manager.